Get out your wok or a big skillet, some kitchen helpers (or not, it's a really simple recipe but it might keep them from fighting if they get to help out), your appetite and the following ingredients:
- 1lb. Ground Meat (today we used Free-Range Bison)
- 1/2med. Onion (you pick the color according to meat selection and personal preferance, we have yellow)
- 3teeth of Garlic
- Salt to taste ( Little Bragg Liquid Amino really livens this up)
- Seasoning mix, such as Bragg, italian, Old Bay or a comparable mix of your favorite herbs, like rosemary, sage, lemon and orange peel, garlic, etc. -to taste
- 1stick Butter (1/2C.)
- 10oz Noodles (again, your choice, we are using spinach ribons today. experament with elbows, bowties, fetuccini or whatever noodle you have around)
- 2C. Yoghurt (plain, unsweetened, please!)
- 1C. Milk
- 1C. Water
- 1/2lb. Cheese (today's is colby jack with a touch of pepper jack. as usual, use what goes well with your other selections and your family will like)
- Brown the BLUE INGREDIENTS.
- Add the GREEN INGREDIENTS, except cheese.
- Mix well and cover.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer covered, stirring often until noodles are tender -time will vary depending on the choice of noodle. Most take 10-15 min.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese, adding about 1/4 at a time.
- Cover and let stand 5 min.
You may not be able to tell from the picture but that is a (very) large wok, half-full. You may have left-overs but more likely, you will have a bunch of very full tummies!