Ingredients:2lb Kidney Beans (soaked - see below for soaking instructions)
Enough Water to cover the saoked and rinsed Beans
1/8-1/4C. Braggs Liquid Amino (though I am against doing so, you may use tamari or soy sauce if you must)
2rounded Tblsp. Garam Masala Spice (buy at your local asian or indian market)
1Tblsp. Red Chili Powder
2whole Green Cardamoms (pick some up while you are getting your Garam Masala)
1whole Black Cardamom
1large Bay Leaf
- Place all ingredients into the Pressure Canner or pot.
- Seal if using Pessure Canner
- Turn burner on to high temp.
- Turn burner down (off if electric) when pressure reaches 15 pounds*
- Maintain 15 pounds of pressure for 1-3 minutes* (see why I say you can turn the burner completely off? It takes 1-3 min. for it to start going down if you had the burner on high heat.)
- Allow pressure to drop naturally and remove lid only when pressure reaches zero(0) and all indicators are down.*
- *The PURPLE steps do not apply if you are using a non-pressurised, traditional pot. - "just check (the beans) frequently for doneness and add more water when needed."